• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Frieren: Beyond Journey's End Manga Goes on Another Hiatus

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tintor2

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Wonder if the something happened to the author's health. Then again this might be a reason why Madhouse never announced a season 2 unlike other studios like Liden or Mappa.
CrypticPurpose

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 6:05 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
Wonder if the something happened to the author's health. Then again this might be a reason why Madhouse never announced a season 2 unlike other studios like Liden or Mappa.

I was under the impression that there was already enough material for a second season, but only just, so, given the significant success of the first season, they are waiting for more so that the gap between the second and third season would not be as great.
Dr. Wily

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:

The optimist in me hopes that maybe it has something to do with a potential season 2 because they want the author's involvement.

But the realist in me has read too many horror stories of the kind of wringer that weekly manga production puts authors/artists through, so I'm really praying there's not some sort of health issue.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 10:42 pm Reply with quote
I hope the author is doing okay.
casenumber00

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2024 6:59 am Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:

Typically, anime is green lit and planned 2+ year before the anime is to air. Making an anime is usually contracted out to anime studio by publishers. In the time leading up to the anime, the studio maybe makes other contracts with other studios for anime series. Sometimes anime studios are booked up for years after a hit anime comes out and cant readily make more.

Also, its a similar story to the anime makers. Directors, producers, and animators do have similar situations, they get jobs and contracts to work for other studios and other projects. A lot of times, the unique talent on a project makes the show successful and cant really be replicated.

We probably haven't heard about S2 due to people having their schedules filled, hell the Director is working on S2 of Bocchi and seems to be popular and in demand in the industry now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1