• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Whisper Me a Love Song

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thesarum

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Using "minimize" as a scene transition.... cheap but not as bad as the cat that meowed without moving its lips.

I think they only used it once maybe this episode? We got like a whole 5 minutes of animation of something. Though animating people playing musical instruments is apparently super hard, so we didn't get that.

I do still like the characters. There's space in my schedule for a bunch of sweet-but-useless failing forward. Even if it is minimally animated.... the static stuff looks nice most of the time.
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Looking at the credits, the animation was once again entirely outsourced. But at least this time it was to the kind of studio that actually credits its artists so while still full of wonky shots it had several good looking stills and wasn't the complete production meltdown of last episode.
John the Dark Lord

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 3:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm... very confused about how the subject of Himari and Yori having sex even came up while discussing this episode. Especially because there was no ambiguity or double-meaning in Aki's words, she went straight to the point: She is afraid Yori is being made to wait only to end up rejected in the end, that is, not receiving any intimancy from Himari.

Honestly, it sounds like the reviewer's mind is several steps ahead of the minds of anyone in the cast.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 4:03 pm Reply with quote
John the Dark Lord wrote:
I'm... very confused about how the subject of Himari and Yori having sex even came up while discussing this episode.

Probably because when Hikari asked her friend (Aki’s little sister) about love, the answer involved kissing and hugging, so that’s what Hikari was thinking about. Not sex, so much as physicality.

Later, she gets an alternate theory from Momoka (“someone you want to cook for”), that is both more to her liking, and also an indication that love comes in lots of forms.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 4:36 pm Reply with quote
dm wrote:

Probably because when Hikari asked her friend (Aki’s little sister) about love, the answer involved kissing and hugging, so that’s what Hikari was thinking about. Not sex, so much as physicality.

Later, she gets an alternate theory from Momoka (“someone you want to cook for”), that is both more to her liking, and also an indication that love comes in lots of forms.

Yes, sex never factored into my thinking - physical intimacy can just be kissing and hugging, especially depending on cultural norms. Himari's reaction to being told that wanting to kiss and hug someone as a measure of love seemed to freak her out, while Momoka's definition felt more comfortable to her, which is what I was trying to describe.
John the Dark Lord

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 4:45 pm Reply with quote
dm wrote:
John the Dark Lord wrote:
I'm... very confused about how the subject of Himari and Yori having sex even came up while discussing this episode.

Yes, exactly. Aki's sister is the one who said that. Aki herself never said anything of the sort.
Daerian

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:

Yes, sex never factored into my thinking - physical intimacy can just be kissing and hugging, especially depending on cultural norms. Himari's reaction to being told that wanting to kiss and hug someone as a measure of love seemed to freak her out, while Momoka's definition felt more comfortable to her, which is what I was trying to describe.

I think misunderstanding comes from too strong interpretation what "sexual component" part was supposed to mean.

I'm very happy for Momoka's advice, it was so nice to hear it!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2